The ‘Ligature Awareness’ course provides staff members with the skills and knowledge to confidently respond to incidents where a person has tied a ligature around their own neck. Includes practical rescue techniques as taught in children’s secure units.
Following the course, delegates will have a thorough understanding of the following:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the neck.
- Identification of potential ligatures.
- Discussion on ligature points.
- Implementing control measures.
- Personal risk assessment and approach.
- Management of the ligatured person.
- Signs and symptoms of ligature injuries.
- Post ligature best practice including emergency first-aid & forensic awareness.
This course covers not only how to remove a ligature from an unconscious person, but also covers how you can remove ligatures from uncooperative and conscious people in your care.
Use of the ligature knife demonstration and practical exercise including:
- Safe removal of ligature using a range of ligature cutters (including hooks, pelican & fish).
- Safe removal from Non-Suspension, Suspension and Part Suspension.
- Safe storage of ligature cutters.
Delegates will also receive a detailed information sheet (aid memoir) and ligature protocol document.
Click the BLUE button above to instantly receive the full information pack for this course.